2 lb. leg of lamb
1 Tbs . olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Cut the meat into 1-inch cubes. Mix olive oil and lemon juice and rub into meat.
- Place in dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cover with slices of onion and tomatoes and a few bay leaves.
- Place in refrigerator for 4 or 5 hours.
- Arrange meat on skewers with tomatoes and onions, alternating.
- Add an occasional bay leaf. Boil over charcoal, but may also be done over an open wood fire or in an oven boiler. Green pepper and eggplant may also be inserted on skewers.