1 cup Frank’s red hot sauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients except egg yolk, water, and cornstarch for sauce of your choice in a small saucepan. Heat sauce over medium heat until boiling, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and allow it to cool, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- While sauce cools, vigorously whisk egg yolk with 2 teaspoons water in a medium bowl for about 2 minutes or color is pale yellow.
- Whisk in cornstarch until dissolved. Drizzle sauce mixture into egg yolk mixture in a steady stream while rapidly whisking.
- This will create a thick, creamy emulsion that will prevent oil from separating. Cover sauce and chill until needed.